Think BIG provides funding and support for young people (individuals or groups) aged between 15 and 24, who can apply for up to $2000, to run a youth led project in the community.
As well as the funding, we provide you with:
Your project could be almost anything that is trying to create positive change in Kāpiti and beyond. Examples of projects that have been funded in the past include:
Yes, the project needs to be finsihed by the end of October 2017. An end of project report and accountability form needs to be completed by the end of November 2017. You will be shown how to complete these.
The project funding will be given to your college or an organisation that will support your project. The Think BIG Co-ordinator can help you decide on the best organisation to hold the funds for you.
1. Applications have now closed for Think BIG 2017.
2. The Think BIG co-ordinator is in the process of making contact with applicants - you will hear from her by Friday 17 February.
3. If you are still keen and your project has been shortlisted to the next stage of the application process, you will need to fill out another form or two (by Wednesday 22 February) to help us get a better idea of how your project will work. The Think BIG co-ordinator will get these forms to you and can support you to do this.
4. The applications will then be looked at by a panel of people who can decide which projects will receive the funding.
5. You will know if you have received funding or not by the end of February.
6. If you are successful, you need to be available to attend a project planning workshop on Saturday, March 4, from 3-5pm.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact the Think BIG Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org