Your Council

Building Consent - Forms and Checklists

In addition to completing the standard application form for a building consent, you must supply support documentation and specifications relevant to your project.

The application checksheets below detail all the information you must include with your application. The Council will not accept incomplete applications.


All forms and checksheets are available for download or print from the links below.


Residential Application for a Building Consent and/or Project Information Memorandum - Form 256a

Checksheet: Single Residential Dwelling and Accessory Building - Form 333
Includes single stand-alone dwellings, additions and/or alterations, re-piling, garages, decks, gazebos, sheds, retaining walls etc.

Commercial and Complex Residential Application for a Building Consent - Form 256b

Checksheet: Multi Residential, Industrial or Commercial Buildings - Form 337
Includes single stand-along dwellings, additions and/or alterations, re-piling, garages, decks, gazebos, sheds, retaining walls etc.

Application for a Building Consent - Minor Works - Form 443

Checksheet: Minor Works - Form 336
Includes freestanding/inbuilt fires, and minor plumbing and drainage works.

Application for Amendment to Building Consent - Form 265

Application for Certificate of Acceptance - Form 331

Checksheet: Certificate of Acceptance - Form 335 

Application for Amendment to Compliance Schedule - Form 330


Application for Code Compliance Certificate - Form 278

Application for Certificate for Public Use - Form 437

Checksheet: Certificate for Public Use - Form 444  

Statements - Plumbing and Drainage

Piped Services and Plumbing Stacks - Form 125

Drainage Work Installed - Form 126


Other forms

Wastewater Connection/Alteration Application Form 165 

All new wastewater (sewer) connections, whether for a new or existing property or subdivision must complete the application form below.


Water Demand Management Declaration of Compliance Form 164
Complete this form along with Form 256a, 256b or 443 for a new residential or relocated dwelling application.


Water supply connection/alteration form 159
This form is to be used when applying for a new water supply connection or when applying for an alteration to an existing water supply connection.


Advice of Licensed Building Practitioner(s) - Form 134
Owner must notify names of licensed building practitioners before restricted building work commences

Request to view a building file - Form 122

Checksheets to Assist

Use these checklists to help you complete the Building Consent application forms. They also list the documents you will need to supply to the Council.

Checksheet: Temporary Buildings - Form 334
Includes marquees, stages over 1m in height, grandstand seating etc.

Checksheet: Signs - Form 332

Guides and Policy Documentation

All documents are available for download or print from the links below.

A Guide to Obtaining a Building Consent on the Kāpiti Coast - Form 558

A Guide to the Inspection Process - Form 559

Earthquake Prone Dangerous and Insanitary Building Policy 2006

If you are unhappy with our service

The Building Consent Authority welcomes feedback from customers. We want to hear from you if you feel dissatisfied with any part of our service related to building consent processing, or inspection and issuing Code Compliance Certificates.

Making a Building Consent Authority Complaint

Contact Us

If you are unhappy with a technical decision made by us about your building consent please refer the matter to MBIE for a Determination.