The Council is seeking funding applications from organisations and businesses for major events in the district.
Consideration will be given to major events that:
- have a distinct Kāpiti Coast flavour
- showcase Kāpiti Coast’s positive attributes, so media outside the district can include these in any articles about the events
- have long-term economic development benefits and are likely to generate a 5:1 return, at least, on Council’s investment
- meet tāngata whenua and community aspirations.
To be eligible, the event must:
- take place in Kāpiti
- have already secured at least 30% of its total cost
- shows potential for self-sustaining funding
- not coincide with another major event in the Wellington region, unless compatible
- not have already occurred in the district.
Applications for funding close at 5pm on Friday 2 September 2016. Final decisions will be made by the Environment & Community Development Committee on Thursday 22 September 2016.
See events plan criteria for more information and how to apply:
Events plan criteria