Most of us love a good fireworks display - the sparks, colours and explosions in the night sky. We just have to remember a few rules around fireworks to keep everyone safe!
Please don't let off fireworks on any beach or in any parks and reserves in the district.
You can have fun with fireworks in your back yard, but keep in mind these safety tips:
- Read and follow the instructions on fireworks before lettling them off (read them using a torch, not a naked flame).
- Ensure that only adults light fireworks.
- Point fireworks at the sky, not at people, houses/buildings or anything potentially flammable.
- NEVER attempt to relight a firework that hasn't gone off.
- Always keep a bucket of water or a hose handy.
- Bring your pets inside - animals are often scared by the noise of fireworks.